Brant, Jo-Ann A
Köp 10 för 370 kr/st - spara 5%
Köp 25 för 350 kr/st - spara 10%
Köp 100 för 331 kr/st - spara 15%
The Gospel of John, full of striking language and symbolism, is familiar to many as a sourcebook of favorite quotations.
It is far more difficult to read this complex and subtle Gospel as a coherent whole on its own terms.
In this addition to the well-received Paideia series, an expert on John's dramatic rhetoric helps students and pastors do just that.
Paideia commentaries explore how New Testament texts form Christian readers by
* attending to the ancient narrative and rhetorical strategies the text employs
* showing how the text shapes theological convictions and moral habits
* commenting on the final, canonical form of each New Testament book
* focusing on the cultural, literary, and theological settings of the text
* making judicious use of maps, photos, and sidebars in a reader-friendly format
This commentary, like each in the projected eighteen-volume series, proceeds by sense units rather than word-by-word or verse-by-verse. [Språk: Engelska] Häftad